2019 Accomplishments, 2020 Goals Jun 24, 2020 7:22:51 GMT Ryan, classicalstamps, and 1 more like this
Post by stanley64 on Jun 24, 2020 7:22:51 GMT
As a newly minted "third-phaser" with extra time on my hands, the goal of dusting off the stamp tongs to fill in the additional spare hours was met - in spades!
This year I began to organize the accumulations into stockbooks, created my own album pages for displaying some of the little gems, wrote some articles and joined several groups to increase my knowledge i.e. ATA/POSSU and of course TSF :-)
Looking forward to 2020, doing more of the same; why mess with a winning system ;-) With that in mind, I will continue with all the aforementioned activities along more writings and finishing up those album pages with the goal perhaps of exhibiting. Of course, there are more stamps available than I will ever own, but adding new material that brings a smile to my face and tugs at the internal heart strings is always one goal that is front and centre!
Let us see what the future brings...
As a "third-phaser", my own goals were far from being S.M.A.R.T but I did manage to complete a few items:
- continued to write articles for the philatelic groups I belong to including the TSF Newsletter and have a growing list for more.
- created a number album pages; shared a few with the intent of exhibiting, encouraged by the feedback to continue, but there are a lot of rules - so we will see ;-)
- still working on sorting and organizing the stockbook of Penguin and Antarctic related material based on species rather than date of acquisition.
My excuses, I was side-tracked by:
- building up the collection of Ceres issues for Portugal and her colonies...
- learning the basics of plating the Penny Black and plated my own stamp
For the remainder of the year, I see doing more of the same and there are a couple of groups that I am interested in joining to expand my knowledge and collecting circles.
At the same time, I have a couple of items that need to be gathered up, packaged and sent to fellow TSF members in appreciation for trades, encouragement and general support...