Post by Admin on Dec 16, 2013 7:26:23 GMT
Please read and understand these rules before you make your first post -- if you have questions about them, ask one of the Forum staff.
All new members must introduce themselves to our membership. New Members will only be able to post on the New Member Introductions board, initially.
Once you have made your introduction, Staff will add you to the **Members** group. You will then be able to post in all of the boards except the Buy, Sell and Trade category (for this you will need to have made at least 50 quality posts and been a member for at least two weeks).
The Stamp Forum Rules
Please read these rules before you make your first post.
1. As a new member you must visit the NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS board and introduce yourself BEFORE MAKING ANY POSTS ON TSF. The introduction must be made within 15 days of having joined the forum or the account will be deleted. We treat each other as friends here and it is nice to get to know each other and become aware of shared collecting interests. If you are having trouble creating a thread or need help just message Admin or one of the moderators and we will help you out.
2. Please keep language clean and appropriate for a public forum. We encourage younger collectors to take up the hobby, so remember that this is also a place that will have young visitors.
3. We have agreed to be bound by the Philatelic Code of Ethics which is recognized and highly respected by the organized philatelic community. Violations of that code may result in a member’s suspension or termination.
4. We will not tolerate any form of threat or racism, including making negative comments about other countries or their peoples.
5. Please do not talk about other forums in a negative light. Many of our members belong to other sites and this is an insult to those members.
6. Posts that are lewd, malicious, defamatory, or of a purely commercial nature will not be tolerated.
7. Please respect the other members’ level of collecting. We are a worldwide group with diverse collecting interests and levels of expertise. Our goal is to learn from each other in a courteous and welcoming environment.
8. The SHOUT BOX is not to be used as a platform for SALES. If you ask a question on the shout box you may not get a reply for quite a while as many members don't access that area.
9. Staff have the right to move, modify or remove threads and posts that are deemed inappropriate or in violation of these rules.
10. Engaging another member in a derogatory manner, either privately or in public, may result in the offending member being banished from the Forum.
11. A member may have only one account on this Forum.