On October 30, 1931, what would then be the world's largest YMCA, opened its doors. The 24 story Art Deco building, located at 30 West Chicago Avenue (on the northeast corner of Dearborn St. and Chicago Ave.), was built at a cost of $2.75M. Its namesake, the late editor and publisher of the Chicago Daily News, had left $1.5M to start the project.
The post card, postmarked in Cicero, Illinois on April 3, 1941, bears a 1 cent green, perf. 11x10.5 George Washington stamp (Scott 804; Apr 25, 1938) from the Presidential issue.